Homebuyers know that the quality of the local schools is a critical component of their home search. Nothing is more important to parents than making sure their children receive quality education. Competition for college admission has increased to a fevered pitch over the past few decades, and parents want to set their children up early with the best opportunity for their future success. More and more, homebuyers are not simply looking at the public school system when choosing a new home, but the private school options as well.
Making the important decision about where to send your children to school requires some thought; here are a few of the benefits of each that can help you the right choice.
Benefits of Public Schools
• Higher Qualified Teachers – On average, public school teachers have higher educational qualifications than those of private schools, many having Master’s degrees.
• Strong Focus on Core Subjects – Public schools focus on the basics with an emphasis on mastery.
• Wider Extracurricular Activities – Public schools tend to have a larger population and can offer a vast array of sports teams, theater, arts, and music programs.
• Diversity – Public schools have students from all economic and ethnic backgrounds.
Benefits of Private Schools
• Smaller Classrooms – On average, private schools have a smaller student-to-teacher ratio than public schools.
• Strong Parent Involvement – Private schools not only encourage but rely on parent involvement.
• Less Red Tape – Private schools are not required to follow the strict state guidelines, which allows them to make quick decisions and adjustments based on each child’s needs.
Both public and private schools can offer students a solid education and school experience. Every community is different, and understanding the pros and cons of the local choices is becoming more and more important to parents.
I'm here to help you as you go through your personal real estate journey. No matter what phase you're in or part you play, I am here. Give me a call today and let's do this together!
Kimberly Hanley, Broker/Property Manager
RE/MAX Traders Unlimited
3622 N. Knoxville Ave., Peoria, IL 61603
Office 309-687.4843 | Cell/Text 309-679-7377